New to loose leaf tea? Here is your easy how to guide!
Welcome those bigger leaves into your life and your life will explode with flavour!
Firstly you will need to pick your blend of tea, are your feeling tired? Sleepy Me. Looking for a caffeine fix? Energise Me. Want something for after dinner? Soothe Me. There are so many amazing and diverse blends out there.
Next you will need your utensil. Me Tea strainer? Me Tea brew kit of with self tea bags? Luckily you can find both on our website and add them onto your tea order.
Most of our blends need 1-1.5 teaspoons of leaves per serving, all instructions can be found on our packaging, but if you would prefer something stronger you can always add more. The best thing about loose leaf tea is that the leaves aren’t pre-packed, and the freshness allows you to take control of your tea experience making it the perfect tea-time for you!
Some of our top tips include:
- Always read the brewing instructions on the packet for the best experience, this will include water temperature and amount.
- Boil as much water as you need to avoid waste. Always fill your kettle with fresh water.
- Most loose leaf tea leaves have more than one life in them making them more economical than your average supermarket tea bag so once you have made your hot drink, save the leaves for a second cup.
- Some teas need more brewing times than others, so be patient. We promise it will be worth the wait.
- Enjoy reclaiming time for yourself! One thing we love about loose leaf tea is that you can also enjoy the brewing ritual. Taking yourself away from your desk in the middle of the day focus on doing something nice for yourself for 5 minutes.